Water is vital for the well-being and health of our body
Among the different types of mineral water, glacier water is considered one of the best because it is extremely pure and uncontaminated and thus has positive effects on the human health and well-being.
In Canada, in British Columbia, Ice Age Glacial Water Company bottles the water coming from glacier sources; a 100 % natural water, which, thanks to the use of modern bottling technologies reaches the tables of millions of consumers in North America maintaining its purity and freshness.
In order to meet increasing market demands, the company installed a new complete line provided by SMI for bottling and packaging Ice Age and Vortex water in 0.5 L and 1.5 L bottles in PET with a production capacity of up to 12,000 bottles/hour.
The solution installed consists of an integrated system of the ECOBLOC® ERGONseries for stretch-blow moulding, filling and capping PET bottles together with machines for the secondary packaging of theLSK ERGONandLWP ERGON series and anAPS ERGONpalletizer. The whole plant is equipped with an automation and control system of the latest generation incorporating the best technologies for the management of the “smart factory”.
The advantages of SMI solution
• compact solution: the integrated ECOBLOC® ERGON system combines the operations of stretch-blow moulding, filling and capping in a single block and doesn't need conveyors between the machines;
• reduced energy consumption: the stretch-blow moulding module is equipped with high energy efficiency IR lamps and a double stage air recovering system Air Master;
• easy and quick changeover: the secondary packaging, carried out by the LSK and LWP automatic machines allows to pack varied containers in several collations and ensures the quick changeover in order to satisfy the current and future company demands;
•compact and ergonomic structure: SMI packers can be installed even in narrow spaces and are easily accessible making the cleaning and maintenance operations easier;
• flexible palletizing and lower maintenance costs: the APS ERGON palletizer is a single-column system with two Cartesian axes with SCARA technology, extremely flexible and easily suited to the logistic conditions of the end-of-line; the mechanical simplicity of the machine and the use of robotic components ensure precise operations and low energy consumptions;
• fluidity, speed and reliability: the conveyor belts allow the fluid and continuous handling of loose and packed containers; the reduced changeover times ensure the fast change from a production to another, while the structure and the components in stainless steel AISI 304 are synonymous with a reliable and long-lasting plant.
If you want to have further information about Ice Age Glacial Company and the advantages offered by the complete lines provided by SMI, we invite you to read the last issue of our SMI NOW magazine or to contact our Sales Department.
Marketing Department SMI S.p.A. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with the Italian Law no. 196 dated June 30, 2003 (Code concerning the protection of personal data), SMI S.p.A. informs you that your personal data will be used by SMI S.p.A. for purposes associated with marketing and business activity only. SMI S.p.A. will treat all the data you provided it with in the utmost secrecy and will be allowed to transmit them for the same purposes to its subsidiary or associate companies only, both in Italy and in those countries where SMI S.p.A. operates, it being understood that these subsidiary or associate companies will adopt equivalent criteria of security and secrecy.
The provision of your personal data is not compulsory; in case of denial, it will not be possible for you to send this form on-line. Moreover, you will be entitled to consult your data and to ask SMI S.p.A. to correct, update and, if applicable, to cancel or block them by writing to SMI S.p.A., Via Carlo Ceresa, 10- 24015 San Giovanni Bianco (BG) - Italy. Any communication is to be addressed to the attention of "the person in charge for the treatment of personal data".
With regard to cookies, our website uses exclusively technical cookies, whose utilization is not aimed at the collection of the user's personal data; it is limited to the transmission of session identification data. Technical cookies allow IT authentication, session monitoring and the memorization of specific information to let the user browse or get a specific service. Technical cookies allow to keep the identification of the user in the course of the session, their memorization is not enduring on the user's device and they are automatically canceled once the browser is closed.
You are kindly requested to attentively read the above mentioned information: by ticking the box below and clicking on the "send" button, you will give SMI S.p.A. your consent to use and transmit your personal data for the purposes related to the declared activity, in compliance with the Italian Law quoted hereinbefore. I have read and understood the above mentioned information and, hence, in compliance with the Italian Law quoted hereinbefore, I give my consent to the use and the transmission of my personal data for the purposes related to the declared activity.
SMI S.p.A. Sede amministrativa: Via Carlo Ceresa, 10 - 24015 San Giovanni Bianco (BG) - ITALIA Sede legale: Via Monte Grappa, 7 - 24121 Bergamo (BG) - ITALIA C.F. e P. IVA IT03942700166 - R.E.A. 421708 Capitale Sociale Euro 5.000.000 i.v.
This web site uses technical cookies; for further information click here close