The production process of PET and rPET containers by means of stretch-blow moulding systems requires the use of high pressure compressed air produced by a compressor powered by electricity.
SMIstretch-blow moulders are designed to ensure high energy efficiency; in particular, the machines of the latest generation make use of cutting-edge technology, like AIR MASTER double stage air recovery system, that enables to reduce compressed air consumption up to 40% (*) compared to the systems that are not equipped with it.
Air Master: what it is
The double stage air recovery system is configured as follows:
1. The first stage recovers the air that is then used for the pre-blowing and the machine service phases
2. The second system, that complements the first one, takes part of the exhaust air and uses it exclusively for the blowing phase.
Air Master: how it works
1) On every stretch-blow moulding station, two exhaust valves are installed: the first feeds the recovery system, pumping air into the recovery line, while the second discharges the air that cannot be recovered 2) The air recovered is taken and used for feeding the pre-blowing and the machine service circuits 3) Extra air is used for feeding the low pressure line of the machine external utilities 4) The second stage allows a further saving, as it uses the exhaust air for the blowing phase.
Do you already have a SMI blow moulder?
No problem! Even customers who own SMI stretch-blow moulders of the previous generations can benefit from the advantages of this recovery system, by installing an upgrade package.
Advantages of Air Master upgrade
- Recovery of compressed air that would otherwise be released to the environment - Reuse of air for the stretch-blow moulding process - Reduction of high pressure air and electricity consumption of up to 30% (*) compared to the systems that are not equipped with this upgrade - Eco-sustainable solution - Less wear and reduced maintenance costs of the compressor
* Saving varies depending on production conditions and local costs of electricity. The following image shows an example of saving that can be achieved by installing Air Master upgrade on a stretch-blow moulder with 8 cavities, producing 1.5 L PET bottles at 2,250 bph, with a blowing pressure of 33 bar and a production of 4000 hours/year.
SMI offers a wide range of upgrades aimed at boosting efficiency, environmental compatibility and energy saving. For more information on the solutions that suit your needs, do not hesitate to contact our upgrade department.
The European Regulation 679/2016 (GDPR) on the protection of personal data has been fully applicable since May 25th, 2018. This is an important goal, because it lays down rules relating to the processing of personal data for all Countries within the Union. Every company of the SMI Group planned a series of activities, assets or operational modes to comply with the regulation and put into practice the protection of personal data. Here is a list of actions taken to comply with the European Regulation and our policy on personal data processing.
Lawfulness of processing All activities relating to personal data processing shall be lawful (consent, contract obligations, vital interests of the data subject or of third parties, compliance with legal obligations to which the controller is subject, public interest or exercise of official authority, legitimate interest pursued by the controller or by third parties).
Information document The information statement has been improved and updated to the new regulations (art. 13 and 14 GDPR).
Rights of the data subjects (right of access, right to erasure-right to be forgotten, right to restriction of processing, right to object, right to data portability) Technical and organization measures have been adopted to ensure the data subject's exercise of his rights and to meet the data subject requirements.
Controllers, processors Based on the new principle of “accountability”, SMI Group organization was re-defined, in order to proactively ensure integral compliance with the Regulation. Redefinition of the role of data processors and service suppliers whose activity implies personal data processing.
Risk of data processing; accountability measures taken by controllers and processors (Impact assessment, record of processing activities, security of processing, data breach) The “Conformity document”, including records of data processing activity, plans, adopts and demonstrates all technical and organizational measures taken to adequately perform the data processing activities and specifies the necessary procedures to be adopted to notify data breach.
Transfer of personal data to international organizations Smi Group adheres to the general principles and guarantees concerning the transfer of personal data to third Countries.
The Controller is: SMI S.p.A. Head office: Via Carlo Ceresa, 10 - 24015 San Giovanni Bianco (BG) - ITALIA VAT nr: IT03942700166 - R.E.A. 421708 For further information, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
According to the European Regulation 679/2016, the data subject is entitled to exercise the rights set forth in the Regulation. The integral version of art. 15; 16; 17; 18; 20; 21; 77 of the European Regulation is attached to this document.
SMI S.p.A. IVA SMI INDUSTRIES Group Headquarters: Via Carlo Ceresa, 10 - 24015 San Giovanni Bianco (BG) - ITALIA Registered office: Via Monte Grappa, 7 - 24121 Bergamo (BG) - ITALIA VAT: 04471940165 - TAX code: 03942700166 - R.E.A.: 421708 Share capital: Euro 5.000.000 i.v.